PREMIER FINE ART & CRAFT FESTIVALS
PREMIER FINE ART & CRAFT FESTIVALS
“Christmas Made in the South”
October 22, 23 & 24, 2021
Cabarrus Arena and Events Center
We would like to welcome everyone to the 40th annual "Christmas Made in the South" located at the Cabarrus Arena & Events Center in Concord, NC a suburb of the greater Charlotte, NC area. We have been able to again purchase the parking lot to provide free parking for patrons.
The following are miscellaneous items pertaining to this event:
1. The Cabarrus Arena & Events Center is located off I-485, Exit 33, on Hwy. 49 North, approximately 15 minutes from the Charlotte city limits. GPS address is 4551 Old Airport Rd. Concord, NC 28025. In case of emergency, the number at the Cabarrus Arena & Events Center is 704.920.3976. For additional directions and information please visit our website at www.MadeInTheSouthShows.com.
2. Set-up will be on Thursday, October 21st from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Go directly to the registration desk located at the entrance to the Events Center. Do not set-up in the booth assigned before you have registered. You will be given your registration information at that time and directed to the loading bays. Show hours are Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Exhibitors will have access to their booths two hours before the show opens on Friday and an hour and a half on Saturday and Sunday. Breakdown MUST NOT BEGIN BEFORE 5:00 P.M. SUNDAY. IMPORTANT: Make sure you are completely packed before getting your vehicle. This will greatly speed up loading on Sunday evening.
3. Exhibitors must limit their wattage to either 0-500, 501-1000 or 1001-1500 watts. Anyone requiring more than this amount will have to make special arrangements and will incur an additional charge. Please notify us if this pertains to you. All electrical needs must be ordered in advance to receive the discounted rates. For anyone requesting electricity, be sure to bring a 50' heavy duty extension cord.
4. For those needing lodging, our host facility is the Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte located off I-85, Exit 49, Concord, NC. Their physical address is 7841 Gateway LN, NW Concord, NC 28027. Our contract rate is $79.00 per night for single or double occupancy which includes a complimentary hot breakfast for guests. For reservations call 704.979.1300 and let them know you are with the Christmas Made in the South group.
5. R.V. parking will be available behind the Events Center at a charge of $30.00 per night which includes a full hook up. This fee should be paid in advance and made payable to Cabarrus Arena & Events Center. For those requiring R.V. space please contact the Cabarrus Arena and Events Center at 704.920.3976. Their mailing address is PO Box 707 Concord, NC 28026-0707. Their physical address is 4751 NC Hwy 49 North, Concord, NC 28025. Be sure to indicate payment is for Christmas Made in the South. There is no charge for drop offs in the designated area behind the Events Center.
6. Exhibitors that do not have a North Carolina sales tax license should contact the North Carolina Dept. of Revenue, Sales and Use Tax Division; P.O. Box 25000; Raleigh, N. C. 27640, phone 877.252.3052 / website www.dor.state.nc.us. Please call or mail us your Tax I. D. number immediately if you haven't already done so. The sales tax for this event is 7%.
7. Each exhibitor is allotted 3 exhibitor badges which should be picked up at the time of registration.
Additional badges will be available for $4.00 each or you may purchase complimentary tickets for $4.00 each. Be sure to WRITE YOUR NAME on your badge.
8. Hostesses will be available to relieve those who are alone and need a break. Breaks must be limited to 10 minutes. Please sign up at the registration desk if you will need this service.
9. IMPORTANT: Bring enough work for the entire show. If you sell out, you will need to stay for the remainder of the show.
10. IMPORTANT: No kits, imports, craft supplies, mixed media or commercially produced items are allowed. Only items handcrafted by you and listed on your application are acceptable. Misrepresentation of these rules can result in the closing of an exhibitor’s booth without recourse or refund and will not be considered for participation in any future Carolina Shows, Inc. events.
11. IMPORTANT: Please stay within your space. This includes all chairs, tables, props, etc. Any items in the aisles will be removed or put back into your booth. Make sure your booth looks attractive from all neighboring sides. Booth size for this event is 10' x 10'. Eight-foot sides are encouraged. Tables must be covered to the floor.
Carolina Shows, Inc. pays for basic draping of all booths, however for exhibitors that need additional booth accessories such as carpet, high drapes or additional piping please contact our decorator, CTD, at 704.999.2071. There will be a charge from CTD for additional accessories.
12. NOTE: Show balances are due 60 days prior to the show. If you have an outstanding balance we have enclosed an invoice. If we have not received your final payment within 10 days of receipt of this letter we will assume you are not participating in this event and your space may be given to someone on our waiting list.
We would like to wish everyone the best of luck, good selling and for those coming in from out of town HAVE A SAFE TRIP!
Copyright © 2020 Carolina Shows, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.